My full name is Hoi Fung Ho. But you can call me Hoi.
NerdWallet San Francisco, CA
UX & Marketing Copywriter March 2017 - present
Mekanism San Francisco, CA
Senior Writer July 2016 - March 2017
Copywriter June 2015 - July 2016
Swirl San Francisco, CA
Copywriter Aug 2013 - June 2015
AKQA San Francisco, CA
Associate Copywriter April 2012 - Aug 2013
Copywriting Intern Jan 2012 - April 2012
Y&R: California San Francisco, CA
Copywriting Intern July - Sept 2011
Elastic Digital Sydney, Australia
Account Manager Oct 2008 - March 2010
Interactive Designer April 2007 - Oct 2008
Previously: Graphic designer, project manager, Flash developer, record store sales girl (i.e. pretending to be Deb in Empire Records 3 days a week), public relations intern, English teacher for immigrant kids in Hong Kong.
- Copywriting. Making ideas, writing headlines, fussing over punctuation, and the rewriting every tweet and Facebook post 5 times.
- UX / UI design + Sketch. Envisioning and articulating user experiences through wireframes, sitemaps, and basic user flows in Sketch.
- (Luke, I am your) Scrum Master. Well-versed (and certified!) in working in multi-disciplinary Scrum teams as both a contributor and Scrum Master.
- Adobe Creative Suite. Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- HTML + CSS.
- Food writing. Published in issue 5 of The Cleaver Quarterly and summer 2016 double issue of Remedy Quarterly.
- Conversational Mandarin and Cantonese. And enough Spanish to order tacos.
Somewhat relevant interests
Cooking, photography, knitting, small patio gardening, and finding a way to get my dog to bring the ball all the way back.